In Person Walk in or phone in registration is ongoing for any semester at our OOB/Saco Adult Education office located at the address below. If you wish to take advantage of any discounts or specials, you will need to register in person or over the phone. Cash, check, debit or credit cards welcome.
OOB/Saco Adult & Community Education (inside Old Orchard Beach High School) 40 E. Emerson Cummings Blvd. Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064 (207) 934-7922 fx (207) 934-3705
Monday through Thursday, 10 AM - 9 PM (Summer 10 AM-5 PM) Closed Fridays and all national/bank holidays.
Register by phone during office hours using your debit or credit card. Call (207) 934-7922. By calling, or stopping by, you can take advantage of any specials or discounts we are offering.
Save time and fax your completed Registration Form to (207) 934-3705 with your course and credit card information
Mail your completed Registration Form with your payment (money order, check, credit/debit card information) to our address above. When mailing please allow us to receive your registration at least one week in advance of your class start date. Please make your check or money order payable to: OOB/Saco Adult Education.
We strive to offer educational programs of the highest quality. If, after the completion of a course, you feel that the quality was unsatisfactory, you may request a refund as explained in our POLICIES.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
All fees must be paid in full at the time of your registration. Academic classes are free and students are registered through an appointment with our Student Services Coordinator. We have open enrollment in many academic classes so you can often begin well after the start date. All courses are open to persons age 17 and older. Academic classes are at NO cost.
Class descriptions indicate materials students need to purchase or any fees payable directly to the instructor. Request materials lists or directions when registering or click here to view them
Note:We recommend you not purchase materials until you know your class is a 'GO'. You can chack our 'GO' list on line or give us a call to check on the status of any class you are registered for.
STORMS & SCHOOL CLOSINGS
If regular day school classes are canceled, then ALL Adult Education classes are also canceled. Please check your local radio and television stations for news. We will contact you with class rescheduling information whenever possible.
CHANGES AND CANCELATIONS
We cancel or make changes to courses only when absolutely necessary. We must reserve the right to do so, as well as reschedule courses or change instructors. Courses with insufficient enrollment will be canceled two to five business days prior to class. We notify all registered students, by phone or email, of any changes whenever possible. When a class has already filled, canceled, or if you have been placed on a waiting list, you will receive a full refund.
REFUNDS AND WITHDRAWALS
1. If you withdraw from a course and want your tuition refunded, you must notify our Adult Ed office seven calendar days prior to the course start date. You may leave a message on our 24-hour voicemail at (207) 934-7922. Full refunds are available when the course you register for is canceled, already filled, or we initiate a schedule change. There are no refunds or credits granted the day the class starts.
2. If you withdraw from a course within six calendar days prior to the course start date, you are eligible for a transfer credit for the course fee. There are no transfer credits or refunds granted the day the class starts.
3. To request a refund or credit because the course content was unsatisfactory, please provide a written request to our Director at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reasons for your dissatisfaction within 10 days of the course completion date for consideration.
4. Refunds or credits are not an option when the course is listed as nonrefundable or its the starting day of the class.
5. If your refund or credit is granted 3 business days before the start date of the class, any materials fees that are owed to the course instructor will be retained.
1. Transfer credits placed on your account are good toward any of our Adult Ed classes for one year from the issue date. You may give your credits to a friend if you are unable to use them.
2. Transfer credits cannot be refunded as cash.
3. If you request a transfer credit within three business days prior to the course start date, it will be less any materials fees owed to the instructor.
5. No transfer credit or refund is given the day your course starts.