Where Learning is an Adventure!!
Alternative Ed Brochure PDF
In our Alternative Education & Youth Program students pursue these basic goals:
• Earn a high school diploma
• Learn about career opportunities and improve employment skills
Alternative Education and Youth Program students are integrated together to work on completing their high school diploma in a small group, hands-on setting.
- Career exploration
- College preparation
- Individualized education plans
- Life-skills exercises
- Small group setting to develop academic, personal and social skills
- Special field trips
Who would benefit?
- Students 16 to 20 yrs of age
- Hands-on learners
- Those motivated to learn in an environment tailored to their needs
- Students who have not experienced sustained success in regular high school
- Those that prefer small groups and individual learning approaches
Students who are currently enrolled at either Thornton Academy or Old Orchard Beach High School may ask your Guidance Counselor for an application and referral. Once applications are received by our program, your interview will be scheduled. Applications are accepted throughout the academic year, when space is available.
Call the Saco Learning Center at (207) 282-3846 to set up an intake interview with our Student Services Coordinator.